Sunday, 20 April 2014

Rain VFX

I've found a lot of references to After Effects being used to create rain in post for certain shorter films. A lot of the references I've found for larger budget films involve the use of a special effect, rather than a visual effect. Such as in the Noah post I made earlier.

I did however find a very interesting video a while back (I forgot to post it) on how they created some of the water effects in "Battleship". Its a very interesting video, and I feel that a lot of this could be applied to some rain effects. I have also been spending a bit of time in the new Bifrost system within Maya 2015, figuring out a little bit about the system. Within a few minutes I managed to put together this very basic simulation.
Taking this further, I would like to try and work something like this into my rain scene.





No comments:

Post a Comment