Saturday, 8 March 2014

Dynamic Destruction

For a model I created last year, I was never happy with what I was able to accomplish with it, so I decided to try and create a small scene to place him in. The image below was created using dynamic to accomplish the shattering effect.

I created a polygonal cube and using the demo version of Exocortex Implosia FX proceeded to slice it into chunks.
Then I ran a simulation in which the cube was shattered with a sphere, using the creature as collision meshes.
This created the basic shatter effect I was looking for, but then I froze the simulation and used some more traditional modelling methods to improve the look of the effect.

This was essentially a "sketch" of a scene so I didn't spend a lot of time fine tuning it, but it does demonstrate the sort of things I'm trying to accomplish and how I'm using dynamics in my work currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment